Friday, May 3, 2013

Kentucky Oaks Profiles 2 of 2

Kentucky Oaks Profile 2 of 2

6.) Princess of Sylmar - Here's my girl! This one I will most likely be playing to win. She will be at a price of over 20-1 on Oaks day. She was undefeated, until Close Hatches beat her in the Gazelle. Thing is though, that I will throw out the Gazelle, because Close Hatches had the race her way, with the perfect pace for Close Hatches. When all these fillies will be going for the lead and tiring them selves out, watch for this girl to be picking them up late. She a very talented filly, but her last start will make you think she's not. So, don't be fooled by it. I know the Oaks, is one of the toughest fields assembled in over a decade, and she will really have to show her stuff on Friday, but with that price and quality....I'm willing to play her. You don't have to jump on her bandwagon with me, because I under stand that other fillies in here look better, but this one will pay the big bucks.

7.) Pure Fun - This is the biggest long shot in the field. She has showed a poor record in her 3 year old career. Don't expect much from this one, so wont be waiting time writing about her.

8.) Dreaming of Julia - Now here's your powerhouse horse! If this filly was in the Derby, I'd most likely be playing her, mainly because she would love the distance. Julia, was one of the best 2 year old's last year, so she has the foundation, and in her first start this year she was a close 2nd. I would like to ask a lot of questions of to why she ran 2nd, but it may be because  the horse who finished 1st also had the lead all by herself, so could do whatever she wanted. But, Julia came back to win the Florida Oaks by over 20 lengths in a hand ride. It wasn't the toughest field, but I think shes coming into her own now. Don't be shocked if this one wins. She will be your favorite at a short price, so if your like me, maybe go somewhere else. But do not exclude her from superfecta's and other plays.

9.) Rose To Gold - She gains the mighty Borel on her! He will be a major factor for her, she could win this one. Funny thing is, she was only purchased for $1,300. I would love to see these connections win, I'm sure there already on cloud nine with this one. She will be one of the pace setters, but I like her post and I'm willing to use her too. Very classy filly here, who has been winning for fun in her last few starts.

10.) Flashy Gray - This filly is a mystery. She has been 2nd in her last few starts, for a very long time. It seems like she just can't get there. She has a fantastic trainer, that could be maybe training her for a win in the Oaks, but I think she needs time to develop and mature to become a Gr. 1 winner against this field. She should finish no worse then 7th.

11.) Close Hatches - This horse could be interesting. She did beat my favorite Princess of Sylmar in the Gazelle, but the race was set up perfect for Close Hatches. I could see her winning it too, she should be no worse then 5th.

* This years Kentucky Oaks is unbelievably tough, and I'm sorry if It sounds like Im having a hard time choosing my super-fecta. This race gives you a headache looking at it. Any filly besides Pure Fun, Silsta, Seaneen Girl and Flashy Gray will most likely not have any chance.
* I will be playing many trifectas/superfectas/exactas with .10, .50, and $1.00 ranges. So, below I list a few of my predictions.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Princess Of Sylmar/DreamingofJulia/Beholder/RoseToGold
Princess Of Sylmar/ DreaminofJulia/UnlimtedBudget/RoseToGold (or midnightlucky)
Dreaming Of Julia/Unlimted Budget/MidnightLucky/ Princess Of Sylmar


No comments:

Post a Comment