Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Weekly Crop Conditions Update

EC Iowa: Corn and beans have had a 5-7 day break from  the heat, but today (Wednesday) the recess is over. 95- 100 F projected for the next 6-7 days. Started to see some corn rolling again on Tuesday. 15 inch beans have finally started to canopy (not good). Early corn has been living off of last falls subsoil moisture, I'm not sure how much is left. We have been spoiled here the last 7 (or so) years here to always pull the rabbit out of the hat to get a good or great crop. I still have hope, but every day that looks like a bet that Las Vegas wouldn't even put odds on. Hope I am wrong. I am starting to see alot of bin doors swung open around the area, I don't think there will be alot of corn here come August.

Sent in by Scott Hingtgen- Jackson County, IA

No comments:

Post a Comment