Monday, July 23, 2012

Weekly Crop Conditions Update

East Central Iowa: went to Wisconsin dells,wed.-friday night. they got up to 2" of rain from what I heard Wednesday night,problem is........it was to late for almost all of the corn that I seen all the way up from Dubuque,Iowa(in my opinion). I'm sure it helped the hay and some of the beans. sounds like we missed it here again and 15 miles south got up to an 1",in isolated spots. we were blessed earlier to get rains to keep us holding on to something,but have now missed 3 or 4 rain events since June 29th. still wouldn't trade with corn north and east of me.just like most of us this year,it is kind of a numbing feeling to not be able to do something to stop the bleeding! still holding out hope,most of the fields are still green around here,except for the obvious corn field that is close to gone.

Sent in by Scott Hingtgen- Jackson County, IA

No comments:

Post a Comment